Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sunset over the water

At this time of year and in the dark I often mistake by boots for cats but I have never mistaken my cats for boots. Socks and pants also suffer from the same mix up but they seldom scurry away or have smelly, furry bottoms (not when clean). I think these thoughts as I slurp warm home made soup from a cup shaped like a hand grenade. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make the least sense. With that in mind I consider a brace of tweets released on Sunday that badly quoted famous lines of dialogue from the 1979 film Apocalypse Now. A film that had been on my mind all week as funnily enough I'd watched it the previous Sunday on ITV4 or some other obscure channel. The tweets sank without trace except for single retweet from a surfer dude in California who clearly liked my almost comic take on "Charlie don't surf" featuring a cat. One of the cats that I have never mistaken for a boot. None of that helps me believe in aliens or an afterlife. I'll only believe in aliens if first and foremost they believe in me and I'll only believe in an after life if I can manage to scratch together some primitive belief system that covers the possible existence of intelligent  life on this earth. Impossible really.

Sunset over the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment